Admitted to Practice
Washington, D.C. and New York
Housing and Landlord-Tenant Law: Housing Court Non-payment and Holdover Eviction Cases, Housing Court H/P (repairs) actions, Division of Housing and Community Renewal Lease Renewal, Rent Overcharge, and Reduction of Services Complaints and Appeals, NYCHA Administrative Proceedings, and Supreme Court Article 78 Proceedings.
I have been an attorney for over 20 years. I practiced in Washington, DC for several years, representing clients in an array of civil matters, including Family Law (divorces, child custody, child support), Elder Law (guardianship, wills, advanced directives: power of attorney, living will, health care proxy), Small Claims (consumer protection), Veteran’s Benefits, Social Security and Supplemental Security Income benefits, and Landlord-Tenant matters. In 2005, I began practicing in NY, representing clients regarding housing and landlord/tenant matters exclusively.
Marilyn graduated cum laude with a Juris Doctorate from Howard University, School of Law after earning a Bachelor of Science from Cornell University from The School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- Legal representation in Housing Court Non-Payment and Holdover Eviction proceedings and H/P (repairs) proceedings
- Legal representation in Division of Housing and Community Renewal complaints and appeals
- Legal advice and counsel regarding any landlord-tenant matter, including lease renewals, legal rent charges, repairs, rent abatements
- Landlord-Tenant mediation/negotiation
- Fluent in English and Spanish