Buying Vacant Land
Purchasing vacant land can be a smart investment, whether you plan to build on it or hold it for future development. Our attorneys can assist you with:
- Due Diligence: We perform due diligence on the zoning regulations and land use restrictions, access to the utilities and infrastructure like water, sewer and electricity, as well as road access. We also recommend having the soil and environmental conditions of the land assessed to ensure that it is suitable for the intended use. In addition, we will review the title report to determine if there are any existing liens, easements, or other encumbrances that may affect the value or intended use of the land.
- Contract Negotiation: We can review and negotiate the terms of the purchase contract, including the purchase price, deposit, financing terms (if any), closing date, and any contingencies.
- Closing: We will prepare and review all necessary closing documents to ensure a smooth and successful transaction.
Selling Vacant Land
If you are looking to sell vacant land, our attorneys can assist you with:
- Due Diligence: Similar to purchasing vacant land, we help sellers confirm the zoning regulations and land use restrictions hon how the land can be used. Additionally, we recommend you work with an experienced real estate agent to research the current market conditions for land sales in the area to ensure that you are setting a fair and reasonable price for the property.
- Contract Negotiation: We can assist in reviewing and negotiating the terms of the purchase contract, including the purchase price, deposit, closing date, contingencies, and any representations related to the condition of the property.
- Closing: We will prepare and review all necessary closing documents to ensure a successful and timely closing.
If you are considering buying or selling vacant land and would like to schedule a consultation with one of our real estate attorneys, please call us at (212) 922-1330 or fill out our Intake Form.