Our team of attorneys has extensive experience in all aspects of real estate law, including deed and co-op transfers. We pride ourselves on providing personalized attention to each of our clients and working diligently to achieve their goals.
Our deed transfer services include:
- Preparation of Deed: We can prepare the necessary deed documents to transfer ownership of real estate from one party to another.
- Closing: We can assist with the closing of the deed transfer, including the preparation of closing documents, coordinating with the parties involved, and ensuring that all necessary payments are made.
- Recording: We will record the deed with the appropriate government agency to ensure that the transfer of ownership is officially recognized.
- Consultation: We provide consultation services to help you understand the process of deed transfers and answer any questions you may have.
Our co-op transfer services include:
- Review of Co-op’s requirement: We can review the co-op documents to ensure that the transfer of ownership complies with the co-op’s rules and regulations. Typically, the Board will require a formal application made to the Board for approval before the transfer takes place.
- Preparation of Co-op Transfer Documents: We can prepare the necessary documents to transfer ownership of the co-op unit. For transfers involving an estate, trust or HDFC, we can assist clients to review, prepare, negotiate and/or obtain with the co-op board proper documentation in connection with the transfer, such as federal and NYS release of estate tax lien, lien search, trust agreement, and occupancy agreement, etc. on your behalf to ensure a successful transfer of ownership. For transfers involving a lender, we also coordinate with the lender to ensure that the lender approves such transfer before the Closing.
- Closing: We can assist with the closing of the co-op transfer, including the preparation of closing documents, coordinating with the parties involved, and ensuring that all necessary payments are made.
- Consultation: We provide consultation services to help you understand the process of co-op transfers and answer any questions you may have.
If you are considering a deed or co-op transfer, have any questions regarding the process, or would like to schedule an initial consultation with one of our real estate attorneys, please call us at (212) 922-1330 or fill out our Contact Us form.