The holidays can be a difficult time for a lot of people. Some people grapple with the loss of a loved one over holidays. Some couples put off their divorces until after the holiday season. Some people struggle to spend so much time with their families. While the holidays can be a wonderful time, they can also come with a lot of stress. If you are struggling during the holiday season, you are not alone. Read on to learn more about the top 5 family law issues that occur during the holidays.
- Rushed proposals: proposals are a common occurrence during the holiday season. In fact, Christmas Day is the most popular day to propose. Because of the excitement of the holidays, many people rush into proposals without considering all the legal issues to take into account. For example, do you want to create a prenuptial agreement?
- Couples putting off divorce: often, couples who wish to get a divorce will hold off until after the holidays. They tend to do so for the sake of the kids and other family members, but it can be hard to keep a brave face with an impending divorce looming as soon as the holiday magic is gone. It is important to know that this is something many couples struggle with.
- Custody struggles: The holidays are so family-oriented, it can be a difficult time to share custody. Every couple is different, so it is important to find the custody arrangement that works best for you and your family.
- Changes to custody agreements: Often, divorced couples with children wish to change their custody agreements as the holidays roll around. This can be difficult to do last minute, so you should contact our firm to discuss your options.
- Questions about visitation: In the same vein, many families have questions about custody and visitation rights. For example, what rights do grandparents have to see their grandkids over the holidays?
If you are having difficulty with any of the above issues, do not hesitate to reach out to our firm today. We are here to advocate for you, all year round.
Contact Our Experienced Firm Today
Zimmet Law Group, P.C. is an experienced team of attorneys guiding clients through matters of estate planning and administration, divorce and family law, real estate, commercial litigation, business law, bankruptcy, and landlord-tenant law. If you require the services of an effective New York City attorney, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.